I did not know very much about a bustle besides that it lifts up your train, securing it to your upper skirt with hooks or loops. Bustles keep the train from dragging or being stepped on. Luckily, With This Ring Wedding blog had a very helpful post on the varying types of bustle styles available. Beaucoup also had some information about the difference between an overbustle and underbustle.
Here I am trying to walk around the bridal salon. Definitely need the skirt to be hemmed and realizing that there was so much material/bulk. A bustle will definitely help!
And here I am sad that the skirt must be hemmed a mere 1.5 inches because, even with heels on it was still too long. I always knew the skirt would have to be hemmed, but after we were quoted the price (high due to the lace and bead work at the trim which had to be moved) if I were to purchase a gown again, I probably would have chosen one without any lace or beading.
But I digress. Here is a photo of my train. Lovely to look at, lots of pretty detailing, but it drags ;)
The seamstress suggested an overbustle with three points to secure the train. She pinned it up to give us an idea of how it would look. Because of the slightly diagonal design of the ruching, the bustle will be slightly diagonal as well.
A close up of bustle detail. The gown was definitely more maneuverable once the bustle was up. Now I can do the hustle. Next fitting is August!
Will your gown have a bustle? How did you decide on which bustle style to have?
Blog title is from lyrics by Van McCoy.
7 comments:
Looking good girl!
Ooh, my gown similarly has lace and beading on the bottom and I have a one point over bustle!
The alterations were definitely a pain for my seamstress. I was lucky to find one through the referral of the tailor that sometimes works at Pronovias.
Yay!! Your dress!!! It looks lovely. =)
My gown also has lace at the bottom, and I'm a little scared about the alterations too. I'm sure in the end it will still look beautiful with the bustle.
Hope your next fitting is painless!
Love the dress! Too bad about the difficulty with hemming. But the lace is so gorgeous! You won't regret it!
Beautiful dress. You look great! I like the bustle you're going with.
Your dress looks fabulous on you! And that bustle is perfect :)
I think mine is a french bustle (?) due to the uniqueness of the skirt!
Your gown is seriously beautiful. it looks like it was made for you. Fits you amazingly! Love the bustle.
Your dress is beautiful & you look beautiful in it! Bustle looks great too!
Post a Comment