Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's in the bag


Handbags are my favorite accessory. I think I've gone through/owned almost 100 through the years. I have been wanting to do a "what's in your bag" blog post, and when Ashley from A Hasty Life contacted me about participating in her It's in the Bag blog crawl, I had to participate!


My current love is the Alexander Wang Rocco Baby Duffel from Opening Ceremony. I love the soft, textured black leather and black studded bottom.


It is easy to carry, roomy, tough, goes with most every outfit :) I added a "J" pin to add some personality.

And without further ado, here is what's in the bag:

Back row from left:
+Jonathan Adler planner. Writing my daily events is one of my favorite things, and this cheery planner is perfect for the new year.
+Moo Stickerbook. I like carrying honey my heart stickers around for opportune moments like sticking them on Kogi BBQ trucks and handing out to friends and family.
+Chanel wallet. Simple and small, this only carries the essentials.
+Prada sunglasses. Years ago I worked at the Sunglass Hut. There were yearly 50% off discounts for employees so I stocked up. I've probably worn them once or twice in 2007, so they were like new when I started wearing them in 2010 :)
+Marc by Marc Jacobs coin purse. It glows in the dark!
+Fuji Instax Mini camera! I usually carry this with me during the weekend and to fun events/parties.
+Extra jewelry. Currently carrying 2 honey my heart pieces and my current favorite pieces: No Sleep Till Brooklyn bangle.

Front row from left:
+Hello Kitty pencil case with tons and tons of pens. Sanrio, Sharpie, Pilot, Micron. I love pens!
+Blue flower drawstring bag. Originally got this with my Anthro card, I keep store coupons, pinkberry stamp card, and my business cards in it.
+Pink flower drawstring bag. I keep friends', family's, fellow crafters' business cards here. Really love the differences in styles and designs of the various business cards and may do a blog post about it :)
+Carmex chapstick.
+My Photos camera case. This houses my digital camera and instax prints.

And that's what's in my bag. A little peek inside my life. Hope you liked it! I would love to see what you call carry in your bags :)

For more bag love, you can check out Hi Sugarplum's cute and pink back from yesterday, and remember to check out From the Briar Patch tomorrow!

16 comments:

Ashley Hasty said...

Okay, tell me about this camera. I've seen lots of people post about it but I've never heard of it before this crawl!! Is it similar to the Holga/Diana cameras? Thank you so much for participating in the crawl!

<3 Ashley
www.ahastylife.com

little luxury list said...

Sigh great bag and I knew you'd have the best accessories. Glow in the dark Marc Jacobs? Insane!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

so fun!!! and I love your purse!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Love your bag & everything in it! Happy Wednesday, honey xoxo

honey my heart said...

@Ashley Hasty: it's an instant camera, similar to polaroid, and prints out credit card size images. i love it!

@Chic 'n Cheap Living: glow in the dark helps in my dark lined purse :)

@Cassie & Dawn: thanks :)

nicole said...

OMG love it! Your bag is simple and sleek, but its contents pop with color and personality. Too much fun

nicole said...

Also, P and I just ordered Moo cards.. They should be in by the last weekend of January. Can't wait to show you!

honey my heart said...

@nicole: yay! i love moo! can't wait to see them :)

Jasmine A. said...

i love how colorful and chic everything in your bag is! :)

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

You must have one happy bag - all the things inside are so cheerful!

Anonymous said...

Everything in your bag looks so happy! haha!!
I'm jealous about your camera. I neeeeeeeeed one! :)

BigAppleNosh said...

You have the cutest bag contents - much cuter than my crumpled receipts and cough drops ;)

very married said...

i LOVE the studs at the bottom!

Mo said...

Looks a whole lot like what's inside my bag. :)
What a fun project! Thanks for sharing with us.

S and O said...

that hello kitty school bus pencil pouch is all too cute! what an adorable idea!
xoxo
Olivia

BEL said...

jealous. how is everything in your purse so darn cute??