Remember our centerpieces? Well we had about 150 white ikea vases throughout the reception and there was no way we were taking all of them home with us, so we let everyone know that they could take one, two... all five home.
My friends loved this idea :)
They even handled the vases with care. We did get to keep about 10 vases for ourselves, but I am happy each vase found a loving, new home.
When my grandma first arrived from the Philippines, she gave me a call and told me about a "surprise" favor she created for the wedding. My mind raced with questions like: what it could be, would it match the wedding style, how would the guests receive it, would anyone take it home. She would not tell me anything about it and I don't think it is fair to surprise a bride so close to the day (my stress and frustration factor was quite high since it was 5 days before the wedding and I don't like surprises) but I told her that we would display them anyway.
Lucky for me, the diy was a very cute knit phone holder and cute phone charm. My mother decorated a basket with purple and yellow ribbon to match our colors.
I loved how each piece was different and the whole basket was filled with colors.
I made a sign that acknowledged my grandma for making 200 holders.
And my friend Ryan especially enjoyed them. What did you do with your centerpieces? What were your favors? Were there any last minute surprises?
Blog title is from song by Eddie Money





8 comments:
That's awfully sweet of your grandmother to put so much effort into your favors. But I have to say that I agree with you. No surprises the week of the wedding.
My MIL (bless her heart) actually showed up with a cake for us. It was supposed to be for the night before but dinner that evening didn't work out as planned. So she asked me how I would feel about having it at the wedding the next day. It was beautiful, but a very close friend worked very hard on cupcakes as a gift for us. I was super worried her feelings would get hurt. Luckily, she was cool with the situation.
Thats so sweet of her! What a great little favor! I bet the guests loved them!
That's so sweet of her! My grandma was sweet & made cookies but this is even better!
Oh and I just love the pix of the milk vases strapped in the car :)
How sweet of your grandma! We didn't have last minute surprises but my cousins helped make our bouquets the night before and it was so helpful!
Wow! How nice of your grandmother, what a fun and crafty favor.
I too love the vases strapped in and ready for the road. :)
The seatbelted vases are killing me. That pic should be a moving announcement. :)
how amazingly thoughtful and sweet of your grandmother to do those favors?!?!
love the vases as a favor! we did the same thing- we had so many glass vases that we told people they could take them!
we also had sugar cookies with yellow icing with a black "K" in a cellophane bag with ribbon! i love edible favors!
How super sweet of grandma to make favors like that...so personal and practical! Love it! Our centerpieces were a combination of vases and florals (the vases were donated by our florist free of charge) and then some picture frames and votive candles. I am currently letting my girlfriend use a lot of the frames and votives for her wedding next month...then I plan to either sell them or use them for future parties and entertaining :) I love that you were able to give away the vases to guests! So great.
Post a Comment