Friday, September 25, 2009

Pieces of me 2: Flower Mock-Up

On our final meeting with our wonderful DOCs, Angel and Anna, we had a quick meeting with our florist to see our centerpiece mock-ups. If you remember, the plan for our centerpieces was this. We knew the flowers that would be used, but couldn't really picture the final product.

Well, I'm happy say we love the centerpiece arrangements! Our florist took our colors, flowers, and inspiration, giving us something so lovely :) I really have no words.

5 white vases. 1 mound of purple (beet) carnations, 1 mount of yellow carnations, 1 yellow cymbidium orchid, 3 yellow gerbers with purple vanda orchids, and 1 mound of plum sweet peas.

He created the arrangement in varying heights, laying them out in a sort of pyramid formation.

Close up of the vanda orchids and yellow gerbers.

The yellow carnations. So sweet and fluffy :)

And the purple (beet) mound of carnations. Our florist asked if we liked this shade of purple or if we prefer a dark, deeper purple. We decided on this shade since it gave a variety of purples we used, matched one of my bridesmaid's dress, and matched some of the take-out boxes we have.

I am so excited to see the centerpieces at the reception :)



Blog title is from lyrics by Ashlee Simpson

7 comments:

A Bride...Again said...

The mock ups look fabulous! Great job by your florist!

anna and the ring said...

Love the colours! Wonderful.

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

I know I've mentioned this before...but love, love your colours! Even more so with the flowers!

Krista said...

That's fabulous. Happy wedding day!

Bee @ BP Wedding said...

I love them!! They look great. I really love the nice bright pops of color against the white. I hope you're having a great weekend. :)

miss.t said...

These are super cute and fun!!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

OMG I love the flowers!!! amazing! hope u had a wonderful wedding day!!!