Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Spirit Day


Today is Spirit Day.

"The idea behind Spirit Day, first created by teenager Brittany McMillan earlier this month, is a simple one, not dissimilar to the idea of "Spirit Week" held in many high schools, and can be summed up in three words: Everyone Rally Together.

Spirit Day honors the teenagers who had taken their own lives in recent weeks. But just as importantly, it's also a way to show the hundreds of thousands of LGBT youth who face the same pressures and bullying, that there is a vast community of people who support them." -excerpt from here.

To show my support, I will be wearing purple.

4 comments:

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

You're the best! All of the events that have happened over the past few weeks is such a tragedy.

little luxury list said...

Thanks for sharing - I had no idea today was Spirit day! Love the bird with the purple!

Ooh I just thought of a fun gift guide for you - Laker/purple and good love!

Lizzie [Ten Thou Bride] said...

Spirit day is excellent...I definitely participated. love the necklace!

5amjetaime said...

this is such an adorable necklace! hi from san diego. welcome to check out our dresses giveaway for this week!

http://5amjetaime.com/blog