Monday, September 14, 2009

When there's no distance inbetween you and me: Engagement Session

We received our disc of over 100 images from our very talented and wonderful photographer, Sarah K. Chen, about a 2 weeks ago. Here is a collection of a few of my favorites.

Our day started off at the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica. I had only seen photos of the place before, and was so very in love with the design, aesthetic, and style of the place. Sarah was so sweet and directed us through most every shot.

The wall of plates was among my favorite places.

We laughed a bit. It helped us relax :)

And the fiance smiled a lot. Even when I wasn't smiling... sneaky.

I just had to wear my TT Pink Head Bride ring to this shoot. I'm so glad Sarah noticed it!



Love the reflections.


This photo is my favorite photo of the bunch.


Love how Sarah has such a great eye for shots, capturing us naturally and making us look more stylish than we really are.







After the Viceroy, we headed to the beach. The balloons we ordered were peach, but once inflated turned out more sandy/off white in color.

Love how it looks like it's just the two of us.


We tried a jumping shot... it was funny.




We trekked across the beach to get some shots under the pier. Amidst the crashing waves and loud carnival machines sounds coming from above the pier, there was a calm and serene feeling, as well as lovely light.

Took this boat shot and almost got soaked by the waves.

It was such a fun day. Sarah was so great and gracious. She helped pose us, and found so many locations and various perspectives to shoot us. I'm so excited to have her photograph our wedding!



Blog title is from lyrics by 311

15 comments:

Aubrey said...

These look great!

little luxury list said...

Love the reflection and jumping shots!

Mo said...

They came out great! I second your love for the plate wall, what a cool hotel.

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Swoon. Love these pics of you. The Viceroy is such a great venue. Did you have to pay to take photos in there? I know some hotels are getting stingy now....

honey my heart said...

thanks for your comments everyone!!

@TheProfessionalBridesmaid: we didn't have to pay :) they were really gracious about letting us take photos, even encouraging us! they even allowed us to move furniture for a bit. so nice!

Julia said...

Pretty! I love the plates. Your purple shirt is great, by the way.

Nina (Femme Rationale) said...

such beautiful photos! congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

Anonymous said...

I love the plate wall! Your outfits were adorable :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Your purple shirt is so cute!!

leenie said...

Love both of your locations. Such a different feel, but all gorgeous photos.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

You guys look amazing!!! I love your outfit, the locations are amazing & the TT ring is awesome too!!! :)

Tina♥ said...

these are seriously AMAZING!! you always have the best outfits too.

kadler said...

These are adorable! You look gorgeous :)

Tim Halberg said...

fun! I LOVE LOVE LOVE engagement sessions, always an absolute blast!

Chocolate Lover said...

You e pics are amazing! I love your outfit!