Friday, March 22, 2013

My Mini Heart Rings

Heart rings are a honey my heart staple. I shape, form, and forge each heart piece from sterling silver or gold fill wire, then solder ring bands to each, finishing with lots of hammering, tumbling, and polishing. Each heart piece is given the utmost attention and is truly unique. I like to tell customers that if they bought one and their best friend bought one, each heart piece would still be one of a kind. I like that detail about my heart jewelry. When I found out I was pregnant, I stopped soldering. I didn't want to breathe some of the fumes or use a torch. I still wanted to continue to offer heart rings, but knew I couldn't offer the soldered ones for the next few months. There was a lot of experimenting with sterling silver and gold fill wire, and I am happy to have found a very good alternative!

Pre-linked chain allow me to form continuous hearts without soldering them, and these hearts are now wrapped/hugged by sterling silver or gold fill wire. These rings are still hammered and tumbled for strength, and then polished. The care and craftsmanship is still of utmost importance, and these rings are definitely a happy addition to the hmh classic collection.
















 
My Mini Heart Rings are now in the shop!!

7 comments:

Eatlovemerry said...

So cute!

Julie Cottrell said...

So adorable! Genius work girl!

Http://streetlily.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

super cute!

www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com

little luxury list said...

They are still so delicate and lovely!

p.s. the washi tape is SO you!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

trishie said...

Very dainty and sweet!

bridechic said...

Brilliant and whimsical!
oxoxo from San Francisco
Amy
http://bridechic.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

i love these!!

xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com