Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Postcrossing

A few months ago I joined the site Postcrossing. With the tag line "send a postcard, receive a postcard" Postcrossing allows users to register themselves on the site, send postcard to randomly assigned users around the world, and receive postcards from around the world. The thought of a little card traveling thousands of miles to send happy greetings got me interested, and I'm definitely glad that I joined the site. In the last 2 months I have received postcards from Taiwan, Germany, Russia, Poland, France, China, Hong Kong, Alaska, Wisconsin, Tennessee.


Awesome view of Hong Kong at night.


 
Waterfront cards from around the USA.


 
Some of the stamps I have come across. It's really interesting to see what other countries use as images on their stamps. Ones with flowers and animals are my favorite.



And these are the postcards that I have been sending!




It's so cool that UCSB has one, too!

I'm enjoying tracking my postcards as they travel around the world, and it's great to have a little surprise in the mailbox.

Who wants a postcard from SB?


6 comments:

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

This sounds so neat. I am off to go look at the site. I love the idea.

*Erin

trishie said...

This is pretty cool!

little luxury list said...

Ooh how fun! I need to find Singapore postcards and send them along!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

How fun! Must be so exciting to get the mail every day. Hope you're having a great week! :) xoxo

Heather said...

How awesome! This sounds like such a cool program!

bridechic said...

This is a great post because I was just thinking of pen pals. Before the net people from all over the world kept in touch via letters like this. I do want to check this out as it would be interesting to get postcards from all over . . .

oxoxoxoxo from San Francisco
Amy
http://bridechic.blogspot.com