New York's Fall 2009 Fashion Week is underway and there have already been plenty of beautiful dresses going down the runway. Dresses to inspire wedding colors, bridesmaids dresses, wedding gowns, and overall style. Mmm I love the eye candy.
Jason Wu, coming off dressing First Lady Michelle Obama, produced a beautiful collection of dresses in delicate textures, cool and bright colors, and all around loveliness. The blue and yellow dresses above would be a perfect ensemble for bridesmaids. The cut and lengths are modest and classic. I love the look of bridesmaids in different dress styles and colors.
Lovely calf, tea, and knee length dresses. I love the flow/movement of the dresses.
The gowns are breathtaking. With different styles and cuts, they're all tied together with similar fabric and texture. I love the tiers of the left gown, soft look of the middle gown, and simplicity of the right gown. All three would look beautiful on a bride.
Monique Lhuillier's collection, although not the 25+ looks of previous seasons, was a presentation of dresses that did not disappoint. The array of details, soft embroidery, and familiar shapes produced very lovely dresses.
The detailed appliques and flourishing fabric look so beautiful on the gold and gray gowns. So lovely for a romantic wedding.
Rich purple and merlot colors, with simple shapes are accessorized with layers of necklaces.
These black gowns say so much while they are adorned so simply. If they were in white they would be such amazing bridal gowns.
This is a great start to fashion week. I'm really excited to see the next ready-to-wear pieces make their way down the runway. There should be plenty of breathtaking inspiration coming up!
What designers are you looking forward to seeing this fashion week?
****
I wish I was in LA for this.
Blog title is from lyrics by David Weissner
No comments:
Post a Comment