Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dress you up in my love, part V

My dress arrived on January 30th (just 2 weeks after we ordered it) and we picked it up last week. It is white and sparkly and makes me happy. I tried it on at the store and attempted to teach my mom how my consultant helped me into the dress: unzip the top and gather the skirt material together so there is a definitive tunnel from bottom to top, then placing everything over my head so that I could get into the dress from the bottom up. It was definitely easier said ;) But once I got in and twirled around, I was happy.

Train detail. It has a semi-cathedral train that needs a bustle.

Between the time I ordered the dress and the time it came in I was worried that I had picked too soon. But putting on my own dress, new and white, made me fall in love with it all over again.

Skirt detail. My mom was trying to spread it out.

The dress is described as having "net over satin, re-embroidered lace with metallic accents, crystal beading and sequins".

Back of the dress. I like the ruching.

I hadn't brought heels to wear so the skirt was dragging a little. And the bust was definitely coming out. We plan start the fittings in June or July.

Details of the side of the dress.

With the dress decision done, I can move on to shoes, veils, jewelry, clutch, and any other accessories :) I'm also trying to figure out my something blue.

How long did it take for your dress to arrive? Did you fall in love with it all over again?


Blog title is from song by Madonna

3 comments:

melissa said...

Wow very pretty. I love the lace and can't wait to see more. 2 weeks! That is super fast! Now you just have to resist tying it on every day for the next few months.

Krista said...

That is very pretty ... and a very fast arrival!

Jen said...

Love it! The detailing is so intricate and beautiful!