An important part of my table design is the push pin. I use white map pins that secure each necklace to it's respective heart display. It works really well but I found that with the addition of new pieces, I'm running out of pins! I figured I could go buy more white pins, or style my own with a little sparkle.
Inspired during a recent trip to Paper Source, I gathered some items to create glittered push pins. It's a simple diy and easy to create in one afternoon.
The ingredients: glitter, glue, and pushpins.
The before.
Step 1: Apply a light coat of glue all around the pin head.
Step 2: Dip the glued part in the glitter and roll it around making sure all sides are covered. Then tap the pin part on the edge of the container to get the excess glitter off.
Step 3: let dry and you're ready to go!
You can also add a coat of lacquer or clear nail polish to seal the glitter in :)
The finished product held the packaging of my carved shell flower studs onto a frame.
9 comments:
I heart simple DIYs too!
These are so cute! It really adds a lot to your display, with the added sparkle!
these are super pretty! it definitely adds some sparkle to your board :)
I love this idea! I wonder if I could get away with that at work.
great idea! i love glitter! :D
Love the look and it is so easy to recreate!
xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living
That's such a fun idea. I want to make some for my office!
@julia & the nest chapter: definitely have some for the office! i just started using the extras there and it makes the day happier :)
thanks for the great comments everyone.
cute cute cute!!!
looks absolutely adorable with your creations. :)
Post a Comment