Wednesday, January 26, 2011

We're Nom-in'!!


A trip to LA is not complete with out a food truck stop. We've caught some great trucks over the last year, but one truck we'd been dying to try was the nom nom truck. They have the cutest truck out there, a yummy selection of Vietnamese sandwiches and tacos on their menu, rocked the Great Food Truck Race on the Food Network, and look like super sweet people. Finding their truck last Saturday was an absolute dream.


Misa taking orders. She is so super sweet and cheery.


A look at what goes in to a banh mi.




Close up of the "Sloppy Spice" banh mi special of beef with spicy curry and sweet mango.


So much goodness in this grilled pork banh mi. Nom nom!


Hubs taking a photo of his sandwich to tweet and facebook :)


This is my sandwich after a few bites. So much nom nom goodness.

Each banh mi was 12 inches long. Comprised of a fresh and fluffy French baguette, lots of fresh cilantro, carrots, daikon, very yummy marinated pork, cucumbers, jalapenos, and some mustard, the banh mi was light, crisp, flavorful, and I need more!!

Have you tried the nom nom truck? How does it compare with banh mis from others you've tried?

7 comments:

Heather said...

Mmm...looks good!

Heather said...

I've never tried the Nom Nom truck but I want to! It looks like you had a fun experience!

BigAppleNosh said...

Yum, I've heard such great things about this truck!!

little luxury list said...

I am obsessed with banh mi and I will try this truck some day.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Yup it looks delish! Putting it on the list for my next LA trip :)

Mo said...

The Nom Nom truck! I've been wanting to try their banh mi, and the owners are super cute (as is their green truck!)

Brandi said...

I've heard of nom nom but haven't experience it in person yet. From the looks of it, I'll have to. Thank goodness it's dinner time right now.