Monday, December 13, 2010

Almost Acoustic Christmas, Night 2

Last weekend was kroq's Almost Acoustic Christmas. I had spent my high school years dreaming of attending this annual concert of multiple bands and amazing music, listening to the live broadcast on the radio, and this year was fortunate enough to attend night 2. Held at the Gibson Amphitheatre, the place was large yet the setting was intimate with a crowd ready to rock.


The night began with Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. Upbeat and so much fun, their music was a great start to the night.


Broken Bells was great rock.


I was most surprised to hear Temper Trap. They have a single that gets radio play, which is the only song I know them by, and after watching them tonight I know they should have plenty more. The show they put on was beyond. Just beyond. Hope to see them again real soon!


Neon Trees was so high energy. Their front man had a good vibe and intensity, giving them one of the best crowd interactions of the night.


Florence and the Machine was mesmerizing. I couldn't take my eyes off of Florence.


Black Keys was more good rock.


Brandon Flowers played original music and a few covers (Bette Davis Eyes and 2 Killers songs).


The crowd was quite into him.


Vampire Weekend!! So excited to see these guys and loved them. They opened with, "Holiday" and played crowd favorites like "Cousins" and "Giving up the Gun."




Can't wait to see them again.


And the night closed with Phoenix. They were the reason I wanted to attend night 2. I loved them in SB this summer and loved them more today.


Loved hearing "Rally" and "Long Distance Call" and, of course, "Love Like a Sunset." Thomas Mars is charismatic, boyish, and one of my favorite front men.



Best part about the show was that nine bands fit into one night of glorious music :)

Have you attended an Almost Acoustic Christmas?