Thursday, May 24, 2012

Heart Ring Inspired by I Spy DIY

I am a fan of the heart shape. The heart shape can be seen in my jewelry line's earring, ring, bracelet, and necklace detail. I have a certain way of forming my hearts, which produces a full/round/symmetrical heart look, but I'm always looking to learn new techniques and play with different styles. A few weeks ago I met Jenni of I Spy DIY at Unique LA and started reading her awesome blog. And then I found a post about her DIY heart rings. They look so awesome and the shape feels so right-now, that I was inspired to create some I Spy DIY heart rings of my own.


 


Jenni's instructions were so easy to follow, within minutes the hearts were formed. I like how edgy they look compared to the My Heart collection.

And to add a little honey my heart touch to this DIY, I soldered the bottom part of the heart to the remainder of the sterling silver wire, then measured and cut the wire to my ring size, soldered that part to one of the heart's peaks, and hammered it into a nice circle.




 


 
I heart it!


My heart ring and my inspired I Spy DIY heart ring. I heart them both!!


Thank you Jenni for the inspiring DIY!


12 comments:

Heather said...

I love them -- both the classic look and the edgier look!

Morgan said...

Both heart shapes are beautiful! The newer version is so fun and carefree!

Laurendy said...

both are super cute

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I love it and want it!!! :)

Have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend! xoxo

miss.t said...

these look great! can't wait til your next LA show. :)

trishie said...

Gorgeous heart rings!

Clara Turbay said...

Interesting ideas and style concepts!

FASHION TALES said...

It's adorable!

little luxury list said...

They are both cute!

Bonnie said...

Awww, this is so pretty!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

bridechic said...

So pretty.

oxoxoxo from San Francisco
Amy
http://bridechic.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Very pretty ring! You make this look so easy! Thanks for sharing ;)

Leslie