Having decided on my wedding clutch months ago, I soon realized that it did not really match my dress and shoes. After using it during the rehearsal, I decided to give it to my sister for the wedding day. To coordinate with the style and material of said clutch, I found these great ones also by JCrew.
Yellow for the bmaids, a flowery yellow one for my sis/MOH, and a purple one for me. Sized well to hold phones, lip gloss, tissues, cameras, wallets, and sunglasses, the girls loved them!To complete their look, I purchased hair flowers/anywhere clips from my favorite LA based jewelry designer, Taraina Tarantino. After purchasing my hair flower a few months back, I knew the bmaids' hair flowers had to be TT creations. The craftsmanship, details, and sparkles are quite lovely and fitting for the occasion.
Here are our hair flowers laid out on one of the ribbon boards. I also purchased hair flowers for my cousins who would read at the ceremony and take charge of the wish bowl at the reception.


My cousin D took these photos in the bridal suite as we were getting ready. Purple and yellow are so amazing together.Below are the flowers in their hair.
Sarah K Chen Photography
Sarah K Chen PhotographyWhat types of gifts did you give your bridesmaids? Did you go for the popular hair flower or something different (name plate necklace/rings, spa day, concert tickets)?
Blog title is from song by Scott McKenzie
5 comments:
Those are so so so gorgeous! I love how they came out in the pics...so beautiful and FUN! I would love to be able to do something like that for my girls but their hair styles and tastes don't make me think they would enjoy it or be able to pull it off so well :)
I opted for parasols for each girl (to be used in our photo session) and a silk jewelry roll (all in different colors). In addition, I had my jewelry designer work with me to custom design necklaces for them that match our wedding colors (and their dresses). I am also thinking of throwing in a cut personalized monogrammed satin hanger to hang their BM dresses on in our bridal cottage :) Got that idea from Laura Lou at Lucky in Love and can't wait to finalize it.
These are amazing!!!! Sooo love the flowers and the clutches are perfect too! You did a great job!
I gave the girls Tiffany jewelry, makeup bags depending on the girls style (Marc Jacobs for a few, Juicy for my little sister, Kate Spade for one of Js sisters and Ella Vickers for our other friend who's a sailing fanatic), Spare Soles for their feet and tote bags that I stuffed everything into. Oh one of the girls (the sailing fanatic) decided to change from a dress into a suit with shorts for the reception (she looked soooo cute) so I gave her sailboat cuff links instead of a necklace or bracelet which she loved.
Awww, so lovely!
I loved that each one was a bit different as well.
I got all of the girls their dresses (well my mom ended up paying at the last minute) and clutches as well. I made them fascinators and they forgot to wear them. :(
Wow @the alternative wife - awesome gifts!
So pretty. Love those hair flowers. As a bridesmaid/MOH, I've received jewelery for the wedding day, a bathrobe (very comfy), a swiss army knife (yes, not kidding). One of my faves was a beautiful silver Tiffany necklace.
@Born to be Mrs. Beever: love parasols and silk jewelry rolls! such great ideas.
@THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE: what a fun and stylish selection of gifts your bms got :)
@Chic n Cheap Living: you are so awesome to purchase them their dresses!
@The Professional Bridesmaid: i like your list. and swiss army knives are totally great! i love the one i have.
Post a Comment