Growing up I was really close to two cousins, N & P, since we are in the same age range and gone through the same experiences at the same time. We shared plenty of high school crushes, attended local shows, summered and skated, obsessed over everything and nothing, and published a fanzine. While time has changed us, our relationships remain constant and I could not imagine a wedding without them.
We are huge LA Lakers fans and have select favorite players. When brainstorming ideas for their cards, I came up with the idea of having their favorite player sort of 'propose' to them.
Above are the two A6 fold over cards from Paper Source. I chose super cute photos of their favorite players, Jordan Farmar and Andrew Bynum, to mount on the front of the cards. To tie the photos in with my wedding colors, I used Picnik's photo editing tool 'duo-tone' to change the photos' colors to shades of purple and yellow. The photos say "will you be..." and are embellished with gray ribbon and purple crystals.
What's a proposal without rings? I wrapped Ring-Pops in clear plastic and tied them up with pretty bows.
The rings fit perfectly in take out boxes, also from Paper Source.
The take out boxes are embellished with brads and pretty paper from Michael's. I loved their reactions after looking at the cards and opening the boxes, and am very honored to have them share my special day.
Coming up is how I asked my sister to be my maid of honor :)
How did you ask your bridesmaids to join your wedding party?
Blog title is from lyrics by JET
2 comments:
Those are amazingly adorable. I think it's really sweet that you included ring pops and packaged the whole thing for them! What lucky cousins.
@Mo: thanks :) i wish i could have photographed their reactions when they opened the boxes.
Post a Comment